China Visa

Most tourists will need a visa to visit mainland China, this should be obtained from a Chinese embassy or consulate before departure. Citizens from most Western countries do not need visas to visit Hong Kong and Macau. For citizens of 45 countries including U. S. , Canada, most EU countries, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, you are allowed a visa-free, 72-hour stopover in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu and Chongqing. Getting a tourist visa is fairly easy for most passports. The usual tourist single-entry visa is valid for a visit of 30 days and must be used within three months of the date of issue. A double-entry tourist visa must be used within six months of the date of issue. It is possible to secure a tourist visa for up to 90 days for citizens of some countries.